Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Re-asking: What is a Graphic Designer?

Last week I posted 3 inspirational and great videos on graphic design. I later discussed and shared my opinion on how I see design in Malta... Yesterday I saw something which made me reinforce my thoughts - why good graphic designers are a minority in Malta? and what "stands" out and what is accepted in Malta is in majority bad bad bad design?

I came to notice that on facebook a T-shirt design competition was in progress. I had the courage to press on the link and the result was barely watchable. After the shock, I went on to read some of the comments underneath the images. How can one still comments on such images saying: well done, wow, great, amazing, nice decoration, nice """design""""? where am i living? :(


If you would like to see yourself, this is the link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=281808&id=298645802335
The only complaint/critique I saw was; "I'm very disappointed that not all logos (???) were put up...how come pls?" When are the Maltese going to learn? I can start by saying that design is not decorating or playing with word art shapes!!!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment