Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible" - Vince Lombardi

Long time, no post. So some things happened from last September. First of all, yesterday I went to a ceremony where I was given an award for the winning logo in a design competition. It was a small competition in my village about an anniversary of the St. Mary's Statue. I submitted 3 logo designs and one was chosen as the winner by the judges.


 

The memento I was given


 
The other 2 logos I did

I am glad with the prize... second in my studies so far XD If I had to choose, I would have preferred the second logo, but it is my opinion.

So the SLR arrived!!!!!! and added to my tools =]
I took some shots but I want to find more time to experiment!











 

In the meantime, apart from photography and competitions, I am still doing the degree ;)
I chose my thesis title: "Teen Gender Stereotypes in Advertising." I started reading books, journals and watching videos mostly of Jean Kilbourne.

Another module is on ideas of packaging of make up, another on manifestos and new furniture, another on identity and marketing. Another module is on entrepreneurship :/ I am not very good at these things but improving. During my reseach I found a very interesting manifesto of Bruce Mau. It has many good points and it is a good idea to have a copy:

No comments:

Post a Comment