Thursday, April 7, 2011

Georgian Alphabet - Font Georgian Circular

In a previous post I had told you that I have been working on the Georgian alphabet. I had done research on it's form and history, did a presentation and to sum all the information up I had done the moodboard.
After this, my job was to choose about 10 letters, manipulate the shape, cut out stencils of the letters, and finally experiment with them for a typographic poster to promote the new font inspired from the Georgian alphabet.

So these are the chosen letters and how I've changed them:
These are some experiments I did for the poster:

Below are the final 2 posters; 1 is showing negative space and the other is more focused on the form:

This is how I presented the posters:

This was the first task of the assignment. Now I am working on editorial layouts and grids.